Saturday, November 22, 2008

Technology Report

Mrs. Adams has introduced our second graders to different kinds of polygons for her math lessons. The coolest thing I saw her do was scan a picture book into her computer and create a powerpoint with it. First off reading a book in math is great because it gets the kids interested in what you are doing. And because she used the technology she wasn't glued to one spot in the room which made it easier for her to keep tabs on her students and move around. She also used the smart board to flip the pages and point to certain things she wanted the students to notice. She also used the audio enhancer which makes it easier on her and the students. I think I will be using this device for my next lesson in shared reading because I've got a lot of interactive practice so it will be nice to have the louder voice.

No comments: