Thursday, October 23, 2008

That's right . . . I made my own virtual tour on Google Earth

Although this project was insanely time consuming, it was totally worth it. I made sure to use material that I could potentially use in the practicum coming up next week, and I think the kids would really like it. Heck, I had fun going through it. And of course I added a clip from Disney. Anywho, I took a look at Courtney's about the Revolutionary War and thought it was such a good way to help the students understand where things happened and why it was such a big deal. I couldn't get her video to pop up, but it just goes to show that you can't always count on technology.  I also checked out Alisia and Austin's tour which just proved how you can use Google Earth for practically anything, even local things. This especially would get the kids excited because they are familiar with these places. Overall, this was an awesome activity and I think it would be a very useful tool in my future classroom. 

1 comment:

nevadanista said...

Thanks for the link! I just tried to open it on our laptop, but I don't think we have the right program for it. I'll try it on the computer upstairs tomorrow, I'm sure it'll work up there. It's already been turned off for the night though. Ciao for now :)